Saturday, December 15, 2012

Kratos...as Smurf?!?

Literally days before we announced the first game to the press, this was Kratos:


And then someone on the team- I think it was Ken or Max- showed us this:
If you don't know, this is the Barbarian from Diablo II. I had played Diablo I but never II, and this was sure news to me. As it was to clearly to many/all others on the team, as this was the first we'd heard of the character, let alone the similarity. 

So you can bet we changed it, lickity fuckin' split! 

Which is good cause I think this is a much better look for our guy...
...even if now Kratos- much to my never ending disappointment- seems to be fan of the Crimson Tide :(...

7 comments:

gameforall said...

Roll Tide :-)

Thomas Ella said...

This is what I loved about all the behind-the-scenes stuff in the first game, David. Thanks for all that. If anyone's interested in the rest of the early designs---Kratos used to have a baby on his back!---here's a link to the original bonus feature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXPXrN9aH8

Zackery Humphreys said...

Blue Kratos does look really badass though. Not sure if he is, but that would be a really cool alternate costume. That, and maybe his blades having a hue of blue haha.

Ivan_PSP said...

I'm glad Sony use red it was the best choice.

Jeffrey Picauly said...

Kratos is red,
Thank God he's not blue,
But don't forget,
Thanks too Diablo 2.

Construction Companies said...

Superb game!
Construction Companies

maximiliano medina said...

hello. I just wanted to ask you something
because you've made ​​a game god of war sony exclusive?
thanks in advance